To save life years and improve quality of life through early detection of breast cancer, to promote excellence in breast imaging and quality education as well as to provide trusted information provided to patients, physicians, and organizations across Canada.
Second Annual CSBI Conference
Join us next Spring! We're pleased to announce the CSBI is holding a conference in Quebec City. The conference is the premier forum to discuss the latest innovations in Canadian breast imaging. The event takes place on May 18-19, 2019 at Le Chateau Laurier. The CSBI is happy to hold its event in conjunction with the SRQ's conference, Breast Imaging - The Cutting Edge, which takes place at the same time as the CSBI's symposium.
Click here for the CSBI agenda.
The idea of forming a group dedicated to breast imaging in Canada has been going on for some time. Professionals interested in breast imaging have been engaged in the European Society of Breast Imaging as well as the Society of Breast Imaging in the United States. Recognizing that there was a need for a place to discuss uniquely Canadian issues related to breast imaging, the CSBI was founded in October 2017 with the support of the CAR. Founding members include senior leading breast public/media from across the country including Drs. Jean Seely (Ontario), Nancy Wadden (Newfoundland), Shiela Appavoo (Alberta), Anabel Scaranelo (Ontario), Yves Loisel (Quebec) and Stephanie Schofield (Nova Scotia).
The CSBI is a home for Canadian breast imaging professionals and patients to discuss best practices, pressures on the system and to celebrate successes. The CSBI will also be a focused vehicle to bring breast imaging stories from Canada to the rest of the world and vice versa.
Christie Innomed is a platinum sponsor of the CSBI and the Second Annual CSBI Conference.
- to establish a society for the improvement and dissemination of breast imaging
- to promote high-quality breast imaging that is patient-centred
- to improve the quality of medical education in the practice of breast imaging
- to foster research in all aspects of breast imaging
- to provide a medium for the exchange of ideas among clinicians, researchers and healthcare professionals involved with breast imaging
- to provide meetings for presentation and discussion of papers and the dissemination of knowledge in the area of breast imaging
- to establish a channel for publication of scientific reports in the field of breast imaging; and
- to respond to public/media inquiries concerning breast imaging.
Join CSBI – An invitation from
Dr. Jean Seely, founding President
I welcome you to be part of our interdisciplinary membership consisting of patient representatives, imaging specialists, clinicians, researchers and allied health professionals from across Canada:
- Patient Representatives
- Medical Physicists
- Breast Imaging Technologists (Mammo/US)
- Breast Imaging Technologists (MRI)
- GP or Family Med Physicians
- Radiation Oncologists
- Nurse Clinicians
- Social Workers
CSBI Membership Fees
CAR Member Physician: $113
Non-CAR Member Physician: $169.50
(Prices include HST)
To join CSBI, please fill out this form (PDF) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 613 860-3112. This form contains drop-down options that are visible with a PDF reader. If you are viewing this form using a browser, please ensure it contains a PDF reader.
For sponsorship information please contact Natalie St. Pierre at email@example.com