To save life years and improve quality of life through early detection of breast cancer, to promote excellence in breast imaging and quality education as well as to provide trusted information provided to patients, physicians, and organizations across Canada.
The idea of forming a group dedicated to breast imaging in Canada has been going on for some time. Professionals interested in breast imaging have been engaged in the European Society of Breast Imaging as well as the Society of Breast Imaging in the United States. Recognizing that there was a need for a place to discuss uniquely Canadian issues related to breast imaging, the CSBI was founded in October 2017 with the support of the CAR. Founding members include senior leading breast imagers from across the country including: Drs. Jean Seely (Ontario), Nancy Wadden (Newfoundland), Shiela Appavoo (Alberta), Anabel Scaranelo (Ontario), Yves Loisel (Quebec) and Paula Gordon (British Columbia).
The CSBI is a home for Canadian breast imaging professionals and patients to discuss best practices, pressures on the system and to celebrate successes. The CSBI will also be a focused vehicle to bring breast imaging stories from Canada to the rest of the world and vice versa.
- to establish a society for the improvement and dissemination of breast imaging
- to promote high quality breast imaging that is patient centered
- to improve the quality of medical education in the practice of breast imaging
- to foster research in all aspects of breast imaging
- to provide a medium for the exchange of ideas among clinicians, researchers and healthcare professionals involved with breast imaging
- to provide meetings for presentation and discussion of papers and the dissemination of knowledge in the area of breast imaging
- to establish a channel for publication of scientific reports in the field of breast imaging; and
- to respond to public / media inquiries concerning breast imaging.
Join CSBI – An invitation from
Dr. Jean Seely, founding President
I welcome you to be part of our interdisciplinary membership consisting of patient representatives, imaging specialists, clinicians, researchers and allied health professionals from across Canada:
- Patient Representatives
- Medical Physicists
- Breast Imaging Technologists (Mammo/US)
- Breast Imaging Technologists (MRI)
- GP or Family Med Physicians
- Radiation Oncologists
- Nurse Clinicians
- Social Workers
CSBI Membership Fees
CAR Member: $113
Non-CAR Member Physician: $169.50
(Prices include HST)
To join CSBI, please fill out this form (PDF) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 613 860-3112. This form contains drop-down options that are visible with a PDF reader. If you are viewing this form using a browser, please ensure it contains a PDF reader.
Register for the Inaugural CSBI Conference – April 26, 2018 in Montreal
Members are invited to attend our inaugural annual conference and general meeting on April 26 at Le Centre Sheraton in Montreal. CSBI members wanting to also attend the CAR 2018 Annual Scientific Meeting, which will be taking place from April 26 to 29, will receive a $100 discount when registering for the event.
Jean Seely, MD, FRCPC
Chair and Founding President
Canadian Society of Breast Imaging